Facebook Ads Help Some (But Not All) Small Businesses: Survey Says
Do you spend your hard-earned dollars on Facebook ads?
Huffington Post – Small Business challenges their value. Facebook Ads Help Some (But Not All) Small Businesses: Survey Says.
I say, it depends. What this article/survey does make us think about is whether every SMB gets an ROI out of it. Of course not. No one marketing tool benefits every single business/marketer that uses it.
But the why it doesn’t always work is a combination of many things:
- How compelling the messaging was (the ad itself)
- How well targeted the ad was (to the right people, or targeted at all)
- What the CTA (call-to-action) was intended to accomplish (or whether there even was a CTA)
- If the ROI expectations were even fair to what banners ads can do on an already noisy, crowded social network
But I say, don’t give up. But don’t splurge your dollars and be selective about when you use Facebook ads. For larger events/promotions or when you are first launching a Fan Page, they’re very useful to draw new followers and users. Outside of that, are you just trying to achieve popularity? You might be sorely disappointed with the results, if so.
About Michelle FitzgeraldA product evangelist with over twelve years of traditional and emerging marketing experience. Provides FT and PT consultative services to the startup community to help brands develop a better understanding of what drives results (analytics), what drives connections (branding/PR/social media) and what drives revenue (performance marketing/media). Past and current work experience includes Tout, StyleStalk, iCharts, MyBuys, Zinio, Yahoo!, the LA Times and CareerBuilder. Michelle also publishes ebooks, regularly contributes to Upmarket Magazine, speaks at industry events and guest blogs.
- Be true to your dreams #inspiration #goals #startups fb.me/SgAVP8H7 4 months ago
- Why storytelling matters to (startup) marketing. #tips fb.me/2bixTZatw 11 months ago
- What will you move beyond dreams this year? #startup #inspiration fb.me/TmN4CtUE 11 months ago