#Execution: Baby Steps and Herculean Moves
A day in the life of a small business marketer: baby steps and herculean moves. It starts small, it feels big. And it is.
Every day is about taking one step forward and making choices. Choices surrounding prioritization of Email activities versus Social Media, or Social Media versus Display media, or Display media versus mobile SEM.
The reality? It’s less about what should be done (ever), it’s about making choices that will define herculean moves. The quantum leap that lends itself to break-through communication efforts and motivational insights.
Baby steps. These are actually the strategic decisions you and/or your larger team make to establish baselines for success. For example..
- Defining the role of social media in your organization.
- Structuring revenue-centric communication priorities (a.k.a. target audience).
- Creating reporting frameworks for measuring KPIs.
Herculean moves. This is the compilation of everything we often coin as “execution”. Many folks can plan or theorize about what “should be done”. But a smaller few can get-it-done and take something from concept/ideation to final delivery. It’s about…
- Delivering a roadmap for SEO versus saying “let’s focus on SEO and here’s why”. It’s doing it.
- Agreeing to focus on xyz email campaigns and creating daily deliverables for a larger team to deliver against.
- Going from deciding a new messaging/brand strategy is needed, to carving out a a few days to deliver a 90 day plan for how messaging will/can be changed across a business.
It’s starts small, it goes big. Are you doing both?